Please read this agreement carefully before using Edify Hub Domain Services. By using any Edify Hub Domain Services, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not register, modify, transfer, and/or purchase a domain name through Edify Hub Domain Services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Edify Hub, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
- Registration Administration. You understand and acknowledge that Edify Hub operates as a Registration Service Provider (“Reseller”) of domain names registered through a third-party sponsoring registrar (“Tucows”). In acknowledgement of this Reseller relationship between Edify Hub and Tucows, you agree that you have read and accept the Tucows Exhibit A Registration Agreement, which is incorporated herein by reference.
- Dispute Resolution.
In the event of a dispute, you agree to submit to proceedings under ICANN’s Uniform Domain Dispute Policy (“UDRP”) and comply with the requirements set forth by the Registry; these policies are subject to modification.
For the adjudication of disputes concerning or arising from use of the domain name, you shall submit, without prejudice to other potentially applicable jurisdictions, to the jurisdiction of the courts (1) of your domicile, and (2) where Tucows is located, presently Toronto, Ontario.
- Right to Refuse. Edify Hub Domain Services automatically inquire with Tucows to determine whether a domain name is available. Even if such an inquiry indicates the availability of a domain name, neither Tucows nor Edify Hub can guarantee that you will be able to obtain your desired domain name. Edify Hub reserves the right to refuse to register a domain name if, in Edify Hub’s sole discretion, the domain name is considered inappropriate for any reason. By way of example, and not limitation, domain names registered through Edify Hub Domain Services must end in .com, .net, or .org. Despite reserving the right to refuse a registration, Edify Hub is not required to validate a requested domain name for appropriateness or accuracy.
- Personal Contact Information Required. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) requires accurate and up-to-date name, postal address, phone number, and email address (collectively, “Contact Information”) for each domain name registration. You agree to ensure that your Contact Information on your Edify Hub account is accurate. When your Contact Information changes, you agree to update that information in your user account settings at https://edifyhub.com/account as soon as practical. If you provide more than one of any type of information (for example, more than one phone number or more than one address), you agree to indicate in your user account settings which should be used for your domain registration(s). You agree to allow Edify Hub and Edify Hub Domain Services to operate on your behalf to update your official domain name registration(s) to reflect the personal and contact information that you provide. You understand and acknowledge that your Contact Information will be available in publicly accessible databases, according to ICANN requirements.
- Ministry Website Purposes Only. You agree that your domain name managed by Edify Hub Domain Services (“Your Domain”) is to be used only with a “User Site” (as defined in Edify Hub’s Terms of Service). You understand and acknowledge that Edify Hub Domain Services may automatically manage many technical details (including, but not limited to, Domain Name Service [“DNS”] entries and security certificates) that may make Your Domain unavailable for other purposes.
- Registration, Expiration and Renewal.
- You understand and acknowledge that all fees must be pre-paid at the time of registration. Domain names registered through Edify Hub Domain Services are registered for a period of one (1) year from the time of registration and are automatically set to renew thirty (30) days prior to the end of the period (“Renewal Time”). At Renewal Time, any renewal fee will be applied to your payment method on file and your registration will be extended so that its expiration date will be one year later than its previous expiration date. Renewal fees are subject to change, and the current rate will be available under your user account at https://edifyhub.com/account.
- You may choose to turn off automatic renewal by updating your website’s domain settings under your user account at https://edifyhub.com/account. If automatic renewal is turned off, your domain name will expire at the end of the period. You understand and acknowledge that extra fees may be necessary to reinstate an expired domain name and that some expired domain names may not be reinstated at all.
- You agree to ensure that your payment information is accurate by visiting your user account at https://edifyhub.com/account and making any necessary changes prior to registration or Renewal Time. In the event of a payment failure at Renewal Time, Edify Hub reserves the right to make multiple payment attempts (not to exceed one  payment attempt per day) in order to prevent expiration of your domain. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any fees charged by your financial institution as a result of payment failures. If a successful payment is not achieved by your domain’s expiration date, your domain will expire and no further payment attempts will be made to renew it. You understand and acknowledge that extra fees may be necessary to reinstate an expired domain name and that some expired domain names may not be reinstated at all.
- Transfers to Edify Hub Domain Services. If you already own a domain name that is registered with a different registrar and you want to use that domain name for your Edify Hub User Site, you must transfer that domain to be managed under Edify Hub Domain Services. In order to prove that a domain transfer is authorized, you must first obtain a “transfer token” from your current registrar. This transfer token must be entered during the transfer process with Edify Hub Domain Services. Any transfer fee to Edify Hub must be pre-paid at the time of transfer. After a successful transfer, Your Domain’s registration will be extended for one (1) year later than its previous expiration date. Domain names transferred to be managed by Edify Hub Domain Services are automatically set to renew thirty (30) days prior to the new expiration date.
- Transfers from Edify Hub Domain Services. If you wish to remove your domain name from Edify Hub Domain Services to use it for other purposes, you will need to obtain a “transfer token” from Edify Hub. To request a transfer token, contact Edify Hub support using the link in the user menu of your account settings at https://edifyhub.com/account.
- Waived Fees. Edify Hub may choose to waive registration and renewal fees under certain conditions. You understand and acknowledge that these conditions may change, and that your responsibilities under this agreement are not waived even for a domain whose fees have been waived.
- SSL Certificates. Edify Hub reserves the right to configure any User Site to operate in secure (“https”) mode using an SSL certificate. You agree that Edify Hub and/or any of its officers are your duly authorized agent to request an SSL certificate for Your Domain. You explicitly permit Edify Hub Domain Services to create, hold, and store the private key that corresponds to the public key for the SSL certificate associated with Your Domain. Transferring any domain from Edify Hub Domain Services or allowing any domain to expire revokes the authorization to serve as your agent for that domain. If you transfer any domain from Edify Hub Domain Services, that domain’s corresponding SSL certificate managed by Edify Hub Domain Services will not be transferred and may be destroyed. The SSL certificate for a domain may be destroyed after the domain expires. You agree not to violate LetsEncrypt policies or procedures, including the LetsEncrypt subscriber agreement. You understand and acknowledge that Edify Hub has no obligation to configure or enable secure mode for any User Site.
- Changes. Edify Hub reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of Edify Hub Domain Services following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- Termination. This Agreement shall terminate when the expiration date passes for all of your domains managed under Edify Hub Domain Services. You may also terminate the Agreement early by providing written notification to Edify Hub. Edify Hub may terminate the Agreement early if, in its sole discretion, you are deemed to have violated any terms of the Agreement. Upon early termination, each of your then-current domain names managed by Edify Hub Domain Services will be disconnected from its corresponding User Site, SSL certificates for those domains may be destroyed, all corresponding automatic renewals will be disabled, and you may request a transfer token for each domain until the day of the domain’s expiration. Any registration or renewal fees that you have paid will not be refunded. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid, unenforceable, or contrary to law, then the Agreement will be deemed amended by modifying such provision to the extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable while preserving its intent or, if that is not possible, by striking the provision and enforcing the remainder of this Agreement.