Edify Hub is seeking a web application engineer to help design and develop the next generation of communication tools to encourage missionaries, churches, and Christian ministries. The initial engagement will be on a per-project basis. Success with initial projects will progress toward a full-time position.
- Design and implement high-performance RESTful Web Services API.
- Design and implement high-performance data solutions in MySql and MongoDB.
- Create functional user interfaces as first drafts to accomplish stated goals of a tool.
- Implement polished front-end Web UI following specific mockups or detailed designs.
- Create secure, efficient WordPress plugins, following WordPress best practices.
- Write documentation to support all developed code.
- Implement and execute automated unit and integration tests for all API and UI code.
- Research and recommend existing libraries and services to fulfil product needs.
- Communicate via Skype multiple times weekly with project leadership team (in United States).
- Other duties as required.
- Demonstrated understanding of current WordPress best practices.
- Solid understanding of RESTful Web Services implementation in PHP.
- Solid experience developing software for a high-availability system.
- Must provide your own computer and be capable of configuring your own development environment and all required server software.
- Must be able to work independently to overcome challenges.
- Excellent communication skills – both in listening and in speaking/writing.
- Because Edify Hub’s tools are designed to help churches and other Christian ministries, certain experience is necessary to guide the design of the tools. Active participation in a local church is required. A recommendation from your pastor will be requested, to confirm active membership in the church.
- Regular communication with church planting missionaries is helpful.
- RESTful Web Services
- Version Control Systems (Git / Mercurial)
- CSS compilation extensions (such as LESS)
- Continuous Integration (such as Jenkins)
- Automated Unit Testing
- Automated Integration Testing
- Web Server Management (Apache on Linux)
- Symmetric/Asymmetric Encryption
Additional Helpful Skills
- Luracast RESTler
- Closure Compiler
- Composer PHP Dependency Management